Your Mac went slow or stuck at somewhere, and now you are wondering how you can access task manager mac?
If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out. Well, no one wants to have a problem with our computers. But at times because of incompatible softwares or some bugs make our Mac or MacBook stuck at somewhere. Or it makes the computer slow.
Now in case if you have recently migrated from a Windows computer to Mac Environment. Then you know how easy it was to access task manager in Window. All you had to do was press ctrl + alt + delete, and you are all done.
However, this is not something that you can do on Mac. Instead, there are some extra steps that you will need to follow to access task manager mac.
Anyway, let me talk about the steps that you will need to follow to access Task Manager On Mac.
Task Manager Mac is known as Activity Monitor
Well, Windows and Mac have the same feature, but both of them has a different name. At one hand where we have the Task Manager on another hand we have the Activity Monitor which is available for Mac environment.
Both of these programs work in a very similar way and does the same job. Just like Task Manager, Activity monitor also lets you manage your Mac’s activity, so you can know which of the programs using the maximum CPU power.
How to access task manager mac or activity monitor?
The activity monitor is located under the Applications/ Utilities folder in Mac, and there are a couple of ways that you can follow to access it. One of such ways is to use the Spotlight on Mac. Here is how to do it:
- At first press CMD and Spacebar from your Keyboard and then go to the Spotlight search box.
- Over here type down “Activity monitor” and hit the enter button.
- That is it, now you will be able to use Activity Monitor.
Apart from Spotlight, you can follow another way to launch activity monitor mac. For this follow these steps:
- First, click on the Finder icon from the doc.
- Then go to the applications and select Utilities.
- Over here you will find the activity monitor mac. Double-click on it and you are all done.
Also, if you are a regular task manager mac user. Then you can simply embed Activity Monitor in the dock only. So you can launch with a single click only. To pin Activity Monitor in the dock, follow these steps:
- Simply launch Activity monitor by following one of the above mentioned steps.
- Then right-click on the Activity monitor icon from the dock.
- In the end, select the option that says “keep in dock” and you are all done.
Activity Monitor Shortcut
Unfortunately, there is no direct shortcut mapped to the Activity Manager. However, you can force quit apps by pressing CMD + Option + Esc keys. This will open the force quit window. From here you will be able to shut down all the apps that using High CPU usages.
So that was all for the task manager mac. Now go ahead and check out the steps and see if it has helped you to get done with your job or not. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to let me know by leaving a comment.